Poetry in Motion

Poems created for and from the worship of Jesus, but relating to an array of matters that may or may not be 'church-centric'. If any of the scribblings on this site have interested you and you would like to discuss them further, perhaps would like hard copies, then please use the 'comment' forums at the end of each post (providing contact details) and I will do my best to reply.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

They Say That Your Life Flashes Before Your Eyes As You Die

They say your life flashes before your eyes as you die.

Mine flashes as I live.

It crosses the synapses of my soul like hands on piano keys,
Whispering a beautiful melody, reminding me,
Reminding me.

Reminding me
Who I am.
Reminding me
Who you are.

They say good guys finish last.
They say that good things come to those who wait.
I say what a wise man once said;
Those who are last are first
And those who are first are last.

They say that happy endings are fictitious.
Maybe for some, they are.
Maybe this isn’t an ending.
And maybe it one day, will be
And my life will flash before my eyes as I die.
But today,
My life flashes before my eyes
And I feel nothing but peace
And excitement
And safety, and danger,
Knowing you.

If my life flashes before my eyes as I live,
I want to live
And live every second, every moment, with you
So I can be thankful
For every moment I’ve had,
For every moment I’ll have.
Every moment now,
Every moment then,
Every moment to be.
Every fleeting thought or simple while.
Everything I want to see,
I want every moment of this life.

They say your life flashes before your eyes as you die.

And now, I am living…
Living life,
Thinking about you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home