Poetry in Motion

Poems created for and from the worship of Jesus, but relating to an array of matters that may or may not be 'church-centric'. If any of the scribblings on this site have interested you and you would like to discuss them further, perhaps would like hard copies, then please use the 'comment' forums at the end of each post (providing contact details) and I will do my best to reply.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Cross-Tears Tales

Sometimes, Lord,
I wish to cry,
conceiving all the great things
shown me.
But right now,
do I feel you?
Yet, you are here!
I don’t hear you
but your echoes resound still.
You love and bless me
more than man can understand.

Lord, the loneliness now flickers
by caressing candlelight
but yet as we walk and talk,
like dying embers
do the flames flail.
My hand you hold
as my silent tears fall.
Still, no matter…
I know now your love cannot die
because of the Cross-Tears you cried.

Loneliness is a state of mind?
Then let my mind state truth…

You are My Lord,
My Life,
My Love.


I wrote this during a prayer time in the prayer room we had at Mattersey in mid-2005. The poem was basically written on some scraps of paper whilst I read Hebrews 11 and almost lost when the room was cleaned out except I found the scraps and restored and tinkered with the poem. Much to my pleasure, I'd found I could naturally seperate the lines (originally one big chunk) into separate stanzas with some kind of 'symmetry' to it which wasn't my intention but it was naturally there. It was later picked to be read at an auction we did at college. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

God Bless,
-Matt K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home