Poetry in Motion

Poems created for and from the worship of Jesus, but relating to an array of matters that may or may not be 'church-centric'. If any of the scribblings on this site have interested you and you would like to discuss them further, perhaps would like hard copies, then please use the 'comment' forums at the end of each post (providing contact details) and I will do my best to reply.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Future Shock

Eventually, one day,
(again)
today becomes tomorrow’s yesterday
and time turns towards times timed out.
What I look forward to
I look behind to see:
my history repeats me.

There is a welling of feeling well
that climbs across the notes
of my heart’s musical score.
Excitement pours towards
the future that eminently arrives.

Do I know what it holds?
Do I know what stories my past told?
Words behind closed doors
and agonies stored in the memory
of the closet heart?
Do I know who I was
when I was what I am and am not?

If I can’t know what passes,
how can I know what comes?

A smile breaks out
and I try to let guesswork
simply crumble into a hazy dusk.
I don’t want to know
what I will know
because, as I know,
knowing isn’t walking
and walking isn’t knowing.

I suppose it’s good
that tomorrow teases
with euphoric torment,
but her lover I cannot be
until the future shock
ceases to posses me.

God Bless,
-Matt K - written in dedication to my time at Keynsham Elim, where I have found a good Church full of Godly people and have made me feel truly part of God's Kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home