Poetry in Motion

Poems created for and from the worship of Jesus, but relating to an array of matters that may or may not be 'church-centric'. If any of the scribblings on this site have interested you and you would like to discuss them further, perhaps would like hard copies, then please use the 'comment' forums at the end of each post (providing contact details) and I will do my best to reply.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Rejection Prophecy

The rejection prophecy;
a strange beast that beats
its hooves across my head,
self-fulfilling melody unrelenting.

Looking to doubt
doubtless faith.
Surprise, surprise,
I see clearly once again.

(Clear as mud.)

Waterproof Blonde
scatter a calming crescendo
across the pain of my brain
and tears well in my eyes.

I'm forgotten, I'm denied,
so why cry
because self-fulfilled am I
to an endless prison
called the fifth wheel.

Abandonment to oblivion.
Danger of self-fulfilling,
self-pitying
prophecies of the moment.

Matt K, 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home