Poetry in Motion

Poems created for and from the worship of Jesus, but relating to an array of matters that may or may not be 'church-centric'. If any of the scribblings on this site have interested you and you would like to discuss them further, perhaps would like hard copies, then please use the 'comment' forums at the end of each post (providing contact details) and I will do my best to reply.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Comes the Night

Night, night comes,
darkness yet bright.
Clouding all the senses,
hence shrouding immoral fight
taking captive the heart’s defences.

Silently weaving
a slow, empty grieving.
A low reaving
of all those thoughts
of love believing,
now scattered to the sands of time.
Because but one lie was true,
now no longer I have you.

Safety still
remains real
but your will
retains curious zeal
for those things which render
our love to slender
memoirs of seeming mind
yet which remain true
despite passing of time.

Even in darkness of night,
I will hate you no more,
love you no less.
Even though I have the right,
I will not close the door
yet instead, shall I bless
always despite the shadows
that creep and possess.

Where are you in the night?
You remain in My sight.
Where can you go from Me?
No place that be.
Where will this end?

My son, My son,
where it always did,
as I always said;
at the foot of the Cross,
where My Son bled.

-Matt K, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home