Poetry in Motion

Poems created for and from the worship of Jesus, but relating to an array of matters that may or may not be 'church-centric'. If any of the scribblings on this site have interested you and you would like to discuss them further, perhaps would like hard copies, then please use the 'comment' forums at the end of each post (providing contact details) and I will do my best to reply.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Dignified by Destiny

Ultimate destiny
heralding from times past time,
reaching like a tender lamb,
the great I Am.

The long night is past
but a knight I remain.
Destiny is my steed,
the knight's mare,
facing the face of the mirror.

The robes of royalty...
The armour of victory...
Now I can be
what I once sought to flee.

Resolutely, I stand
sword in hand
facing those demons
once scaring, staring, swearing,
now vanishing back to their whispers,
the path once walked.

Destiny is my friend,
freedom my saviour.
That which binds me
in a velvet love
sets me free
to soar above
dark desolation,
death herself.

Now in freedom's bosom
I walk a Sir,
my dignity retained
at the very last.

Matt K, 2006

2 Comments:

Blogger -=Kim Kaze=- said...

Knights in books are popular and spotless. REAL knights come off the field, all cut up and bloody, but carrying the head of something. Girls scream and back away, and men stare in horror. the knight squints at them all and utters a simple phrase: "What?"

To him, it was only Tuesday.

10:45 pm  
Blogger Jeremiah_Ecks said...

Nice M. Bison reference there. The only good thing about that movie, I think you'll find. If I ever do a story involving some megalomaniacal super-villain again, I'll be sure to include the reference since it's so neat.

10:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home