Poetry in Motion

Poems created for and from the worship of Jesus, but relating to an array of matters that may or may not be 'church-centric'. If any of the scribblings on this site have interested you and you would like to discuss them further, perhaps would like hard copies, then please use the 'comment' forums at the end of each post (providing contact details) and I will do my best to reply.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Dirge of Weeping Praises

Agony,
agony,
yet but praise-full agony.
Gradual torment
tempered by gradual bliss.

Dying to self
yet once selfishly killing
all the dreams I wished to have,
because of fleeting whims
and dim desires that fall
to the shadows of my past
when I raise my hands,
blood pouring
in euphoric praise.

The offering cup,
seeping from my soul,
soothes my aching hopes.
Tears caress my cheeks
and I realise, as I raise my arms
towards the sky,
that dreams may not yet die.

My vision goes pale red
and I know instead
of falling to fears
and yesteryears,
that my future is encapsulated
in the possibility of praise.

My words come in fleeting whispers
that none but God may hear.

I don’t even truly know
what lies beneath the surface.
All I know is that
I’m built to last,
and I will not fall…
Even when I’m lying in the coffin
of praise,
I will not fall.

I die in praise,
I die in kindness and beauty,
and fear falls from my frame
as I remember that I am to blame
for all my sin and shame,
and yet Jesus takes it all again.

Each day, He comes
and sits beside me as I weep,
and I know that tomorrow is tomorrow,
yesterday is all over again,
and now I am His son.

If all I can do is weep,
might as well weep praises.


Matt K, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home